Clinics & Services
In addition to general medical consultations the practice offers a range of clinics and healthcare services. The following list highlights (but is not limited to) the services available and the healthcare professional you should see:
- New Patient Health Checks - alerts for any new problems, blood pressure recording, healthy living advice - nursing team member
- Long-Term Conditions /Chronic Disease – such as asthma, COPD, diabetes, heart disease - practice nurse
- Healthy Living Advice - blood pressure check, smoking cessation advice - nursing team member
- Cervical Smears - we advise all women between the ages of 25 and 65 years to have this test every 5 years (more often if necessary) - practice nurse.
- Contraceptive Services/Family Planning - practice nurse
- Pre-conceptual Advice/Sexual Health - health visitor, nurse or doctor
- Maternity Care - midwife
- Childhood Immunisations - practice nurse
- Child Health - advice & support for families with young children - health visitor
- Minor Surgery - doctor
- Treatment Room - ear syringing, dressings, wound care, removal of stitches, injections, ECG, dietary advice - practice nurse
- Travel Advice & Immunisations - practice nurse
- Stopping smoking - run by our healthcare assistants to give you support to help quit smoking
For any of the above services please contact the Healthcare Administration Team 01271 323443
Litchdon’s Dermatology Service
Litchdon Medical Centre is also the provider of the Dermatology Service, serving North Devon. For this service Appointments are by GP Referral Only.
We are very proud of the standard of this out-patient service that we have successfully run since 2005.
We are a dispensing practice, which means that we are authorised by NHS England to dispense prescribed items to our patients who live more than one mile away (as the crow flies) from a pharmacy/chemist.
Our dispensary is conveniently located within the main surgery building.
If you are a patient we dispense to then we are also, in certain circumstances, able to offer a delivery service where we can drop your medication off to you at home. Please ask our Dispensary team for more details.
The dispensary is open Monday to Friday between 08:30 to 18:00. It is closed at weekends and on bank holidays.